Author Topic: Couple of Bobcats  (Read 884 times)

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
Couple of Bobcats
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »
Hey Bowhunter

Got this pretty little guy out in some tight cat claw but drew him out into the open sage and mesquite.  Nicest cat I have killed to date, spots dark as coal, belly white as snow and back like a newly minted penny.  Sako in .223 at about 35 yards, 55gr, Hornady SP

My friend from back east killed this one.  He came in from behind me and went straight to the call.  I never even saw him until my friend shot.  He scared the heck out of me when the rifle went off. 

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline pitw

Re: Couple of Bobcats
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:58:35 AM »
Them is cool as [L].   Never seen one in my life.  Sure have had the shot scare the poop outta me though. :innocentwhistle:

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
Barry I have invited you more than once to come on down and we can "try" for one.  We have an extra bedroom and Marge is a darn good cook,room and board is free.  Invite is open.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline pitw

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »
I'd be there if'n I could walk again but shooting one wouldn't be something I'd do.  I'd also need to have a seat on a greased pole or something your Fn snakes couldn't get up. :eyesroll:

Offline deerstalkert

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 08:48:25 PM »
we seldom see bobs here but are over run with mountain lions.
our whitetail population probably has a lot to do with that.
this one taken by the youngster in the picture was 300 yards from the house
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:50:21 PM by deerstalkert »

Offline huntinglonewolf

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 02:33:25 AM »
Very nice cat. It sure is great anytime you call in a cat

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:24:27 AM »
Thanks, I wouldn't say we are overrun with bobcats but we have a goodly number.  Agree, anytime you call in a cat it's been a great day.