Author Topic: New member from Kentucky  (Read 542 times)

Offline Model12boy

New member from Kentucky
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:47 AM »
Good morning guys an gals, I am from Kentucky a avid hunter an Trap shooter. I love to fish hunt an shoot guns. I tournament bass fished for several years 2004-2013 USA BASSIN league an the BFL also a 1 Stren series tournament. I am a hard core deer hunter an trap shooter now, I kinda gave up tournament fishing. I met my wife shooting trap an now a 19 month old baby boy. I mainly deer hunt with a pistol, an when not using a pistol I challenge my self to long range hunting 300-500 yard kill shots. I am 2 for 2 at 375 an 396 yard buck kills 264 win mag. I just recently got into varmint hunting coyotes an bobcats. It's tougher than it looks on tv I am 0 for 0 on 5 hunts so far.

Offline JustinR

• HMPC Member
Re: New member from Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:37:05 PM »
Welcome Model12boy!
I feel your pain.  I'm starting to think the best coyote call is tires humming down a paved road.

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 10:15:13 AM »
  Like in the old Kung Fu TV Series - Patience grasshoppers patience.  I have no idea how many stands I made before I called in my first coyote but I can guarantee you it was a hell of a lot more than five.  I been calling predator for well over fifty years maybe closer to fifty-six years and still get shut down more often than not.  I think the most important things that are required to be successful, besides patience, is to be quiet, be still and play the wind best you can while on stand.   A predator makes his living with his nose (wind), eyes (be still) ears (be quiet). 

Welcome aboard Model12.  My first shotgun was a Win Mod12, 16ga Full Choke.  My dad bought it for me with his "mustering out" pay at the end of WWII, told me he paid $35.00 for it, which I guess was a lot of money back then.  Killed a bunch of ringneck pheasants and cottontail with it.   Oh well enough of that.  Make yourself at home here and don't be a stranger, join in often and post a picture of that first coyote - along with a detailed story :yoyo:
I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline Model12boy

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome an advice on Predator hunting I will post pics when I get my 1st one under my belt