Author Topic: Carved and Painted Cow horn Howler  (Read 743 times)

Offline HuntnCarve

Carved and Painted Cow horn Howler
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:45:55 PM »

Here's a cow horn howler I turned on the lathe, shaped, and carved a coyote/rabbit scene upon.  This howler is about 9-1/2" long (tip to tip), and packs a big sound.  All my calls are built to hunt first and foremost.  The folks that know me, know the carvings I do as my signature style of call making.  I've done a lot of them over the years .  Anyway, I am asking $150.00 Delivered for this call if anyone is interested.?  "Thank you" John, for inviting me here.  And Thanks for looking!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Offline JustinR

• HMPC Member
Re: Carved and Painted Cow horn Howler
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 02:23:11 PM »
That is beautiful!  I don't think I could take it out hunting.  I would have to hang it over my reloading table.

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:46:00 PM »
I know what you mean Justin I hate to open any of Dave's post because it means I'm going to reach for the already depleted checkbook.  Did I show you the howler with the club logo on it?  That is Dave's handiwork.  I also have a small howler that is almost paper thin that he saved.  He carved a howling coyote on it - unbelievable.
I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline JustinR

• HMPC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »
The club howler looked great as well.  John, as soon as you quit taking all of my money I will have to look at one.  I already told the wife that the Maxim 50 was my Christmas present, then a scope was added to that justification, now a Progressive Dillon found its way into my garage, and $300 worth of "got to have it" accessories are sitting in my dillonprecision.com shopping cart.

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »
Well the Ruger 25-06 is still available and it's free, just need o buy the scope and rest. :laughing:
I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline pitw

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
Some day I'm gonna hunt with a call that looks that good again. :readthis:

Offline HuntnCarve

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 07:53:33 AM »
Thanks for the kind words fellas!   

Dave