Author Topic: Arizona Quail Season 2019  (Read 459 times)

Offline Orangeandwhitebrits

Arizona Quail Season 2019
« on: January 03, 2019, 05:24:56 PM »
I arrived Ft. Huachuca/Apache Flats RV park on 1 January, just prior to the arrival of yet another snow event. I was very surprised by the amount of snow, and the plunging overnight temperatures. Got out today for my first short hunt and was able to put up three singles and bagged one Mearns quail hen. It was a going away shot I thought was a miss, but my young Brittany came trotting back to me with a bird in his mouth. Only hunted an hour, and maybe this is good omen for the next six weeks of quail hunting. Looking forward to seeing my old friends in Sierra Vista and enjoying some Arizona sunshine when it arrives.
CraigW

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
Re: Arizona Quail Season 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:37:05 AM »
Welcome back.
I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline Orangeandwhitebrits

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 08:43:44 AM »
Thanks John for the welcome message. Been hunting every other day and have had good success. Noticed the grass/weeds are really tall, so must have  been a pretty wet summer. Saw a big coyote trotting down the road last week out near the west gate, Ft. Huachuca, so I am going to take some time and try to find one to shoot. Let me know if you have time in the next few weeks to go out.
CraigW

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:22:35 PM »
I always have time to go calling.  Whenever your ready to stop killing them little birds let me know. 
I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland