Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1056 times)

Offline pitw

Howdy
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »
I'm an electronic idiot who likes coyote hunting.  I never get many but it's fun to talk about being a killer. :innocentwhistle:   

Offline Csoblotne

• HMPC Member
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »
At least you have got a few. I haven't killed any yet...
"You wanna get outta here? You talk to me"
-Mad Max

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 09:21:58 AM »
Mr. C. Soblotne I saw your property a few weeks ago and there is no reason why you shouldn't be killing coyotes by the truck loads.  Clear out a few mesquite and some brush make a high stand and/or ladder, set out a caller and your in business. 
I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline pitw

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
I can't imagine shooting from a ladder.

I thought ladders were for peaking in windows. :naughtyfinger:

Offline Csoblotne

• HMPC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:19:43 PM »
 :laughing: yea Justin and I are going to clear I bought spot Saturday in the AM. If I wasn't so damn busy at this stupid job I'd have more time.  :thumb23:
-Mad Max

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
I can't imagine shooting from a ladder.

I thought ladders were for peaking in windows. :naughtyfinger:

He's young enough to shoot from a small ladder that afford just enough height to see a critter coming in.  Us older guys need a higher ladder to peek into those windows that you must be familiar with.   

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »
:laughing: yea Justin and I are going to clear I bought spot Saturday in the AM. If I wasn't so damn busy at this stupid job I'd have more time.  :thumb23:

You want to be careful on how and what you clear, coyotes are kinda like us.  They will take the path of least resistance as long as it affords them some protection.  Make your clearing large enough or small enough to afford you a good clear shot without  changing the original landscape to much and don't forget the dangling feather.  If you are using a chainsaw save the beer until you're all done.  :yes:

Offline Csoblotne

• HMPC Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »
I've got that barn with the small window. I want to make that work somehow. Just hope a stray shot doesn't take out my wife's horse  :innocentwhistle:
But what I've heard from Justin a horse is good eatin. ;)
-Mad Max