Author Topic: Quote of the Day  (Read 14451 times)

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
Quote of the Day
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »
“Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.”
Ben Carson
I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take an ass whipping.

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline pitw

Re: Quote of the Day
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:27:23 AM »

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a good discussion."  - G.K. Chesterton

Offline pitw

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:31:39 AM »
"Piss in the shower to save time".  Last guy I ever worked for. :laughing:

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it"
Theodore Roosevelt 1904

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 09:38:48 AM »
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?
Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"
 Scott Adams

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is"
 Albert Camus

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »
"We live in a country run by politicians and bureaucrats who can’t do anything right and yet they think the solution to that problem is to give them even more power over our lives. You feel the same way I do? Then you’re one of the Americans the elites in D.C. want to go away."
Unknown

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 09:50:19 AM »
   “People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.”
Brian Tracy

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 04:04:26 PM »
“Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life - all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity.”
Zig Ziglar

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 05:44:46 PM »
"My dream is of a place and time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth"

Abraham Lincoln

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just"

Abraham Lincoln

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 10:52:57 AM »

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better.  This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline JohnP

• Administrator
  • Alfa Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 08:55:40 AM »
"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution.  That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties" - Abraham Lincoln